Personality and Educational Tests - Reference Items
The resources listed below are
located in the Reference Room, 4th floor, LRC. Use the books to search by test title, type of test, author, or reviewer. Publisher information for purchasing the test is
also available. If you need assistance inquire at the reference desk.
- Buros Center for Testing
- The Mental Measurements Yearbook (MMY) - Call # Z5814.P8 B932 LRC-R
- MMY ‘s can be used to locate reviews and descriptions of English language tests. “Guides”
for use are taped inside the front covers. MMY can also be searched on the Internet.
See: "How to Use the Mental Measurements Yearbook" or the User's Guide PDF
- Tests in Print (TIP) - Call # Z5814 .E9 B82 LRC-R.
- Comprehensive indexes.
TIP lists all tests that are currently available from publishers. Some listings have cross-references to MMY reviews. TIP can be used as an index to the
contents of Mental Measurements Yearbooks.
“Guides” for use taped inside the front covers.
See: "How to Use Tests in Print" or the User's Guide PDF
- See also: "A Guide to the Descriptive Entries (MMY and TIP)"
- Selected print titles in the Reference Collection and ebooks
- Note: Call # links go to the library catalog record book summaries, when available.
Personality and Educational Tests - Locator and Reviews
- Buros Center for Testing: Test Reviews
Search for free information on "over 3,500 commercially available tests."
Note that the
"test reviews are evaluations of the tests, not the actual tests themselves. To purchase the actual test materials, you will need to contact the test publisher(s)."
See: "How to Cite Reviews from the Buros Institute's Test Reviews Online"
- Ericae.net: Clearinghouse on Assessment and Evaluation, ERIC/AE Test Locator
(ETS-Educational Testing Service)
More than 25,000 tests and other measurement devices, collected from 1900s to the present, designed for research purposes. More
See: "How to Search the Database"
Personality and Educational Tests - Databases
To look for periodical articles on a topic or word
search an appropriate database. To narrow your results use the index(es) and add subject terms to your search.
- Education Source
In the education databases, browse the Thesaurus (in EBSCO databases, click the link at the top in the blue menu bar) for terms such as
Personality Tests, Psychological Test, Test- and Testing-.
Tip - Use the Thesaurus to browse some of the subject heading listed below.
Diagnostic Tests Educational Assessment
|Personality Measurements Psychological Testing Student Evaluation
Test Reliability Test Use
Tip - Browse the Thesaurus (or
subject index) for Testing. Try Relevancy Ranked.
Personality and Educational Tests - Subject Indexes and Thesauri
- Use the Thesaurus or Subject index to drill down from a broad topic to narrower one or get alternative subjects for your topic.
- Click Thesaurus or Subject in the top menu bar.
- Enter your term in the Browsing text box and select a display, such as Relevancy Ranked.
- Explore the list of new terms and then mark those topics of interest to you. Click Add then click the Search button.
Personality and Educational Tests - ebooks
sample ebrary ebooks by subject:
- intelligence tests ~10 ebooks
personality tests ~6
educational tests and measurements
- Tip - Try
a simple keyword search or browse other subjects such
as Personality Assessment, Psychological Testing
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost)
- ORU Library Catalog
Try a keyword or subject search. Then, limit the results to ebooks. Examples (results are not limited to ebooks):
- psychological tests subject results
personality assessment subject results
personality tests subject results
- For more information on ebooks see the library guide How to Find Books & ebooks.