- Sr. Paper
|Psychology - Reference Materials
In the Library
To find reference materials, use the Library catalog and limit to Reference
View List of Selected Reference Books ▼ show/hide
In addition to the books listed below, browse appropriate call numbers sections in the Reference
Collection for books that may be of interest to you. For assistance, inquire at the Reference Desk.
of Congress Classification Outline (as modified and used at ORU)
Library of Congress
Call Numbers (partial list)
||Social history & conditions. Social problems. Social reform.
||Social pathology. Social & public welfare.
Selected Reference Books
- Baker Encyclopedia of Psychology and Counseling - BF31.B25 LRC-R
- Biographical Dictionary of Psychology - BF109.A1B56 LRC-R
- Campbell's Psychiatric Dictionary - WM13.C189C LRC-R
- Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry - WM100.k173 LRC-R
- Concise Encyclopedia of Psychology - BF31.E553 LRC-R
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - WM15 D536 LRC-R
- Dictionary of Psychology - BF31.C64 LRC-R
- Encyclopedia of Behavior Modification and cognitive Behavior Therapy (3 vols.) - WM425.5.C6E56 LRC-R
- The Encyclopedia of Elder Care - WT13 E56 LRC-R
- The Encyclopedia of Psychiatry, Psychology and Psychoanalysis - WM13 E565 LRC-R
- The Gale Encyclopedia of Psychology - BF31.G35 LRC-R
- Handbook of Psychiatric Measures - WM34 A512 LRC-R
- Handbook of Psychological Assessment - BF176.G76 LRC-R
- The Harvard Guide to Psychiatry - WM141 H339 LRC-R
- Measures of Religiosity - BR110.M43 LRC-R
Includes measures and scales in the psychology of religion such as the "Faith Maturity Scale" (pp. 171-) and "Spiritual Leadership Qualities Inventory" (p.
- Pictorial History of Psychology - BF81.P47 LRC-R
- Practice guidelines for the Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders - WM400 A5131A LRC-R
- Religion and American Adolescent Delinquency, Risk Behaviors and Constructive Social Activities - BL625.47.R478 LRC-R
- Credo Reference Center
- Concept Map Examples: William
James | ritual
Book Titles (click
Psychology for the subject)
Topic Pages for Psychology
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
An Eternal Social and Moral Issue, 2008 ed., 2008
2008 ed., 2008
Tobacco, and Illicit Drugs, 2007 ed., 2008
Punishment: Cruel and Unusual?, 2008 ed., 2008
Abuse and Domestic Violence, 2007 ed., 2007
Prisons, and Jails, 2007 ed., 2008
and Dying: End-of-Life Controversies, 2008 ed., 2009
of Aging, 4v, 2002
of Bioethics, 3rd ed., 5v, 2004
of Children and Childhood: In History and Society, 3v, 2004
of Race and Racism, 3v, 2009
of Sociology, 2nd ed., 5v, 2001
What's at Stake?, 2007 ed., 2007
Old in America, 2008 ed., 2008
Up: Issues Affecting America's Youth, 2007 ed., 2008
and Wellness: Illness among Americans, 2008 ed., 2009
Encyclopedia of Marriage and Family, 2nd ed., 4v, 2003
Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, 2nd ed., 9v, 2008
Encyclopedia of Death and Dying, 2v, 2002
Race and Ethnicity in America, 2008 ed., 2009
of Classroom Learning, 2009
Welfare: Fighting Poverty and Homelessness, 2007 ed., 2008
in America: Obesity, Eating Disorders, and Other Health Risks, 2008 ed., 2009
in American Society, 2008 ed., 2008
of View Reference Center
|Psychology - Books and eBooks
- For general information on books and ebooks see How to Find Books & ebooks.
- Tip: For the most recently published ebooks to appear at the top of the list change "Sort results by" from Relevance to Date.
- ebrary Titles by Subject;
- Psychology ~1,630
ebooks See: Subjects under
Psychology, Religion ~7,033 ebooks
- Counseling ~162
counseling ~5 ebooks
- Search: Use the advanced search, type a subject such as psychology or chemistry, and then change Select a Field (optional) to
- To see if a journal is available in the ORU Library, search or browse the titles in ORU's A-to-Z Journals List. Some titles are available in multiple formats and/or multiple
databases. For titles that are available online, the database(s) with full text will be listed. When a title is available "in-house" in paper, CD-ROM or microform there
will be a link to Oral Roberts University Library Holdings. Follow the links to what you need.
- ORU A-to-Z Journals List
- Titles by Subject:
- • Psychology ~462 Titles
- • Other Sciences ~4,270 Titles
- Sample Titles:
- • IRB: Ethics & Human Research
- • Journal
of Experimental Psychology : Applied
- • Psychology and Health (18 month embargo)
Title List - Alphabetically
- To view free full text titles mark "Full-text available" then click Apply.
Title List - By Subject
- Mark the subject(s) then click Apply.
- Browse Psychology Journal Titles
- In ORU databases, use the Publications link, or similar, to browse or search journal titles within the database.
- DOAJ - Directory of Open Access Journals: Psychology
- ~152 open access journals
- Search the library catalog for a topic or browse the
reference and ebook databases.
- Encyclopedia of Bioethics -
5 volume set, available online in Gale Virtual Reference and in the library's Reference Collection, call number QH332.E52, LRC-R.
- Web Resources
- The Hastings Center http://www.thehastingscenter.org/
- Johns Hopkins University Bioethics Institute http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/bioethic
- National Institutes of Health: Bioethics Resources on the Web
- Presidents Council on Bioethics http://www.bioethics.gov
- Human Subject Assurance Training Module – Produced by the Office for Human Research Protections
(OHRP), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- This tutorial explain the responsibilities involved in an institutional program of human subject protection
and the informed consent process.
Protection of Human Subjects; Informed
Informed Consent - FAQs (Dept. of Health & Human Services)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center
- By the NIH Clinical Center Office of Clinical Research Training and Medical Education. Includes training programs, courses and archived course materials.
Training/ Educational Resources
|Psychology - Sr. Paper Students
Be alert! As
you research, continue to add relevant terms to your search:
- Consider alternative terms, abbreviations, narrower terms,
broader terms and related terms.
- Use subject descriptors, database thesauri and article abstracts to identify additional terms and ideas.
- Watch for references to research, reports and (or) studies, which will point you to primary source documents.
Smarthinking - Have a tutor proofread your paper and offer corrections and/or suggestions.
- Create an account through the link in D2L.
- After you create an account, to use Smarthinking login directly by going to https://services.smarthinking.com.
- Submit your paper to allow time for feedback.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Contact ILL at 918-495-7377 or LibILL@oru.edu.
Interlibrary Loan Request Form
- Determine that the ORU Library does not own the item you need BEFORE requesting it through interlibrary loan.
- Some items are available nearby; others may take a week or more to obtain from out-of-state.
- The $2.00 per item ILL request fee for students is waived
after you attend the sr. paper LIBBI.
- You will receive an email when your item(s) is ready to pick up. (Some journal articles are available from lending
libraries in PDF format and can be emailed directly to you.)
- Pick up your items at the circulation desk.
- Submit only one request form for each article. (Note:
The form is submitted each time the submit button is used, regardless of whether the "required
fields" have been completed.
- After submitting a request, check your ORU email for the confirmation, which includes the
The NEW! Ebsco discovery tool.
For related articles and concepts on your senior paper topic, identify and search Subject Terms (shown below) and Cited References.
For example, on the Cited References page (shown below), to view records related to the article, mark the checkboxes of interest then click the Related Records button.
- To locate another journal article, click the full text link, if available. Or, search the journal title in the A-to-Z Journals List and drill down to what you need. (HTML
Full Text, PDF Full Text, or
- To locate a book, search WorldCat
and, if the book is not available at ORU, request it using the ILL link.
An easy-to-use storage and management tool that allows you to store your personal items, create bibliographies, search, link to the original item, and more.
See the link in the right menu for more information and some "how to" basics.
EBSCO Citations and the Personal Folder -
In an EBSCO database, such as Academic Search Complete, use the Cite link in the "Tools" menu on the right sidebar, (The "Tools" menu is only available on the item record; it is not on the results page.)
EBSCOhost DATABASES OR INTEGRATED SEARCH
The EBSCO Folder is a personal information management tool to save articles, save searches, create citations lists, write notes, and more. Create a folder then sign in to your folder. Note: Items added to the default folder are NOT saved.
For a single citation in an EBSCO database, click the article title to access the detailed article record. Click the "cite" button in the right toolbar. choose the recommended style, then copy, paste, and edit the citation to match the style requirements.
For multiple citations use the EBSCO folder:
- After you add the articles to the folder, click Folder has items at the top of the page.
In the folder:
- Click checkboxes to mark items to be cited.
- Click the Print icon (in the right toolbar).
In the Print Manager window:
- Uncheck HTML Full Text box and Search History, if showing and checked.
- Choose a Citation Format.
- Click Print (items are reformatted for printing). PrinT or cancel, then save or copy/paste/edit the citations.
APA Style Web Site by the American Psychological Association http://www.apastyle.org/index.aspx
7.02 Books, Reference Books, and Book Chapters PDF
Provides examples of citations for DSM.
6.31 Electronic sources and Locator Information PDF
(APA 6th, pp. 187-189; includes information about DOI's; scroll the page, content begins halfway down the PDF page)
Other APA Style Sample Web Pages
• What is a digital object identifier, or DOI?
Frequently Asked questions About APA Style®
• Quick Answers > References > How do you reference a web page that lists no author?
• The Basics of APA Style®
What's New in the Sixth Edition
The DOI System - Provides a link to the DOI web site.
Click the to link to the vendor's database descriptions.
|OneSearch - The EBSCO Integrated Search Interface