- Periodic Tables
|Chemistry - Article Databases...and more
- BioMed Central Open Access
- MEDLINE with
- PLOS ONE Open Access
- "...features reports of original research from all disciplines within science and medicine." More... (Indexed in Academic Search Complete, PubMed Central and several other databases, so it can be searched in a database or independently.)
- Science Direct Databases
- HighWire Open Access
- Nature (Half of 2011 papers are now Open Access)
- Subject Category
|Chemistry - Reference and eReference
Use reference materials to get
background information, explore a subject, refine a topic, etc.
Reference: Chemistry ~18,840
- Example: Results for Svante Arrhenius
Virtual Reference Library (GVRL): Chemistry
- Example: Results for Svante Arrhenius
of View Reference Center
- Example: wildlife
Try a keyword or subject search. Once you find a book of interest, click the title to access the detailed record and note the table of contents and/or subject headings for additional terms to search.
eBook titles are included in the library catalog with links to the ebook, but you may prefer to search an ebook database instead of using the library catalog.
- Use the All Subject link and drill down through the subjects for a list of ebooks on your selected subject(s).
Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry
Sciences (searched using LC Call Numbers QB1 - QE996) ~3371
- See: Library of Congress Outline : Chemistry
Collections: Chemistry (~76)
Collections: Sciences (~558)
|Chemistry - Periodicals (journals, trade publications, etc.)
- ORU subscribes to many journal titles, which may be available full text online or in the library in print or microform formats, or several formats. (For detailed information see How
to Find Journals.) Use the A-to-Z
- Journals List to see if the library has the title you need. more...
From the subjects listed, select a specific subject. Then, select a journal title and follow the links to the full text. Or, try a title keyword search.
- Examples of titles by subject:
- A-to-Z: Chemistry 460+
Subjects ~4,396 titles
Title List - Alphabetically
- To view free full text titles mark "Full-text available" then click Apply.
Title List - By Subject
- BioOne - Titles Free on the Web
- Indexing and abstracts available. No full text. More...
|Chemistry - Periodic Tables
- ACS Interactive Periodic Table (American Chemical Society)
- Environmental Chemistry.com: Periodic Table of Elements
- Periodic Table(Royal Society of Chemistry)
- WebElements Periodic Table: the periodic table on the web
This highly rated site provides information on atomic elements. Thousands of graphics, links to physical properties and common compounds, photographs,
video clips of important reactions, and cartoons are included. Author Mark Winter, University of Sheffield, UK.
- The Wooden Periodic Table of Elements
Covers Theodore Gray's construction of a "literal"
periodic table (it's designed as a wooden table). Click on any tile in the table to see more about the element. Provides links to other sites that include
reports, samples of the element, and more.
Click the to link to the vendor's database descriptions.
|OneSearch - The EBSCO Integrated Search Interface
|Chemistry - Selected Websites|
- American Chemical Society (ACS) Hot Articles.
- Boston University Library: Chemistry (Science and Engineering
From Includes links to Basic Data, Physical Constants, Thermophysical
Data, Biochemistry and Hazardous Chemistry web sites. Provides links to encyclopedias, journals and indexes to journals and patent literature.
- Cambridge Crystallagraphic Data Centre
Chemistry fundamentals. Try a quiz!
Fiz Chemie's specialized search engine covering chemistry-related web sites.
- The Chemical Industry (Maintained by the National Environmental Information Service.)
Links to Chemical Industry Associations, environmental and analytical resources, new processes, and management references and resources.
- Chemistry Library: Writing Tools (UW -
Provides ACS citation examples.
- FACT: Facility for the Analysis of Chemical Thermodynamics
- ipl2: Chemical Sciences (Chemistry)
Subject directory of websites selected and evaluated by librarians.
- Links for Chemists (Maintained by University of Liverpool Department of Chemistry.)
Over 8,075 links to chemistry resources on the Internet.
- National Library of Medicine: Databases
• CHEMIDplus -- A chemical dictionary file for over 350,000
compounds of biomedical and regulatory interest. Records include CAS Registry Numbers, molecular formulae, generic names and synonyms. Factsheet.
Toxicology Data Network -- Databases on
toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health, and related areas. Hazardous
Substances Data Bank (HSDB) Fact Sheet.
- NIST Chemistry WebBook
"thermochemistry for 5,000 compounds, enthalpy of reaction for 3,000 reactions, infrared spectra for 5,000 compounds, mass spectra for 8,000 compounds,
ion energetics data for 14,000 compounds, and more."
- Protein Data Bank
Maintained by the Research Collaboratory for Structural Bioninfomatics (RCSB).
& D Chemicals
A database of chemical compounds sites that allows you to find a chemical by its molecular formula, IUPAC name, Smiles, common name,
CAS number, structure or substructure.