- Biography in Context
- Find Books/eBooks
- Find Publications
"Biography in Context offers authoritative reference content alongside magazine and journal articles, primary sources, videos, audio podcasts, and images." Covers historically significant figures to present-day newsmakers. Gale View More
Download User Helps
- Search for a person or persons with similar demographics.
- The Browse People link (top menu bar) lists newly added name entries/categories to browse.
- In Advanced
Search (top right under text box) set search limits for place name, company name, author/creator, and more.
Example: Company Name= Apple
- Click on a document title to view full-text content.
- Tools, located in the right sidebar in the document or full text views, include bookmark, citations, download, share, email and more.
View Biography In Context Training Videos/Tutorials (provided by Gale)
Search Results (2:58)
Topic Pages and Documents (4:44)
Where to Start When You Need a Research Topic (4:46)
Narrowing Your Research Topic and Searching for Sources (6:15)
Biography in Context homepage.
Charles M. Schulz was one of the five (5) spotlighted topics in the above homepage image carousel. View More information on Schulz.
Download Apps for Your Smart Phone - Gale Apps
|Biographical Information - Books and eBooks
Search the Library Catalog, ebrary and eBook Collection to find books.
For a Basic Search: Key in the person's name or biography for the Subject search option.
For an Advanced Search: Select Subject, key in biography and for Any Field/ Key Fields key in the individual's name.
Use Reference Books for Background Information and Brief Entries.
Credo Reference: Biography ~44 ebooks
Go to Credo Advanced Search. Key in a name. Under "Limit your search to" click "Entries with the Following features." Mark "Biography" then click Search. Click a title to view the ebook. (shown right)
Advanced Search Results for Alfred Nobe (below)
ebrary: Biography (~5,230 ebooks)
Funk & Wagnall's World Book Encyclopedia
Gale Virtual Reference Library: Biography
Sample Reference Book/eBook Titles in the Library
General biographical resources are shelved in the CT call number section.
Subject and specialized sources are shelved among related topical works.
For example, Baker's Biographical Dictionary of Musicians is
shelved in the ML, or music section. While generally defining terms and concepts, some sources may give biographical information for persons important in their particular field.
- Baker Encyclopedia of Psychology & Counseling, BF31.B25 LRC-R
- Biographical Dictionary of Psychology, BF109.A1B56 LRC-R
- Black Lives: Essays in African American Biography, ebook
- The Book of Women's Firsts: Breakthrough Achievements..., CT3260.R428 LRC-R
- The Cambridge Biographical Encyclopedia, CT103.C4
- The Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography, CT213.C36 LRC-R
- Dictionary of Pastoral Care & Counseling, BV4011.D43 LRC-R
- Dictionary of Pentecostal and Charismatic Movements, BR1644.D53 LRC-R
Many significant religious leaders are described in this book.
- A Dictionary of Scientists, ebook
- Encyclopedia Judaica, also available in print, DS102.8.E496
- International Who's Who, CT120.I5 LRC-R
Brief resumes of prominent people throughout the world.
- McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of World Biography, CT103.M27 LRC-R
One to two page descriptions of influential figures from the history of the world. A short bibliography ends each article.
- Oral Roberts: An American Life, ebook
- Oxford Dictionary of Saints, ebook
- Scientists, Mathematicians, and Inventors...People Who Changed the World, ebook
- Who's Who in America, E663.W56 LRC-R
Brief resumes of prominent people in the U.S.
- Who's Who
An Annual Biographical Dictionary, DA28.W6 LRC-R
Brief resumes of prominent people in Great Britain.
|Biographical Information - Periodicals and eJournals
The ORU Publication Finder allows you to search for journals, magazines, trade publications, newspaper and some book titles using a variety of search expressions. (Note: The Publication Finder does not provide a comprehensive list of all ORU books. Use the ORU Library Catalog to find books.)
Biography Subject/Category Search (~866 results, includes books and journals)
Search: SU "biography"
Publication Finder: Biography Subject Category Search, Peer Reviewed Journals (~4 results)
Search: SU "biography" and limit the results to Peer Reviewed Journals
Publication Finder: Biography Keyword Search (~1,074 results, includes books and journals)
Publication Finder: Biography Resources by Discipline (~49 results, includes books and journals)
Search: Click the Publications link in the top menu bar. Click Biography under Browse by Discipline.
Try a keyword search for biography in the Publication Finder Quick Search box below.
|Biographical Information - Websites
- Biographical Dictionary
- 28,000+ notable men and women from ancient times to the present day http://www.s9.com/
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress: 1774-present
- Biographical information on members of Congress - http://bioguide.congress.gov/
- Biography Center
- http://www.biography.com and http://www.biography-center.com
- Biography Reference Bank
- Catholic Encyclopedia
- The Catholic Information Network's (CIN) Saints, Martyrs and Other Holy Persons
Collection of texts on the theology of sainthood, saints' biographies, and more.
- Dictionary of Canadian Biography
- Distinguished Women of Past and Present
Biographies of women who have contributed to our culture in many different ways.
- The Faces of Science: African Americans in the Sciences
- Forbes' World's Richest People
- De Imperatoribus Romanis: An Online Encyclopedia of Roman
- Infoplease Biography
Search dictionaries, encyclopedias, and/or almanacs for biographical information.
- Jewish Heroes and Heroines in America (Florida Atlantic University Libraries)
- Library Spot's Biographies
- National Gallery of Art: Index of Artists
- National Inventor's Hall of Fame (Go to Keyword Search)
- National Women's Hall of Fame
- Nobel Prize Internet Archive
Represents every Nobel prizewinner, in every category, with a brief biographical sketch, bibliography, links, and portrait (when available).
- POTUS: Presidents of the United States
Background information, election results, cabinet members, notable events, etc.
- Time 100: The World's Most Influential People
- White House's Presidents' Hall and First
= vendor's database description