attention please! Interlibrary
volume can be extremely heavy. To make sure your requests are filled and you do not delay the process, please observe the following guidelines:
- Be certain you have determined if the ORU Library owns the item you need BEFORE requesting it through Interlibrary Loan. If you are unsure how this is done, ask
for help at the Reference Desk or see How to Find Articles, How to Find Periodicals and How
to Find Books.
- Please allow enough time for your request to be obtained from another library. Some items are available nearby; others may take a week or more to obtain from out-of-state.
Obscure publications, dissertations and foreign imprints may take longer and may carry an additional surcharge due to the need to request them from a top tier research
library. You will be given the opportunity to pay the extra fee or cancel the request.
- If you are having difficulty finding the resources you need, if you would like help with your search strategy, or if you have questions, assistance is available at
the Reference Desk, LRC 4th floor,
- Interlibrary Loan (Circulation Desk, LRC-4th floor) -- 918-495-7377, LibILL@oru.edu
|How long does it take?
|| As little as two days or as long as two weeks, depending on how many libraries own the item you request, how quickly they respond, and on the volume of request being submitted.|
|What does it cost?
The ILL request fee for students is $2.00 per request. If you request a book, you are responsible
for the return postage (usually $2.00-$3.00) at the time you pick up the book. ILL department will let you know the amount due when they email to let you know the
item has arrived.
ATTENTION: The ILL request fee
is waived for Senior Paper students who have
attended a LIBBI-499ILL--Interlibrary Loan Proficiency workshop or similar sr. paper Library workshop.
|Can I check out the item from another local library?
||If you have library privileges at another library, such as Tulsa City County Library, and want to check the item out from that library, search WorldCat to find the item and see which libraries own it.|
|How do I get the items I request?
You will receive an email when the item is ready to pick up.
· ILL materials can be picked up at the Circulation Desk, LRC-4th floor.
· If you are picking up a book, ILL will let you know how much the postage is so you can bring the cash or Eagle Bucks.
you order books, please be sure to pick them up promptly and return them before the due date. The library that loans them for your use sets the due date, and may
not supply future requests if items are not returned on time.